How to get source codes of an apk
Most of the developers sometimes want to see the source codes of some applications for reverse engineering, so do I To do that, I learned how to get source codes of an apk and last week when I wanted to see source codes of an apk again I realized that I forgot how to do that so I learned again and I decided to write this entry to remember quickly how to look at source code of an apk and I think this entry may be useful for some beginner guys in doing reverse engineering stuff.
- Open the apk file with winrar or winzip and extract the classes.dex file as shown below.
- dex2jar downloaded from http://code.google.com/p/dex2jar and extract its content the same folder you extracted classes.dex file in previous step.
- Open the command line, go the directory you extracted files and issue this command.
dex2jar-0.0.9.8 is the folder created when we extracted dex2jar. (Forward slash(/) or backslash(/) shoud be used according to OS(Linux or Windows))
- After previous step, we should have a file with name classes_dex2jar.jar file in the same directory. Extract classes_dex2jar.jar by winrar.
- Run jd-gui executable file. Lastly open(File > Open File) any file you extracted in previous step and tadaammmm you see the source code of this file.
PS: Also there is folder with name “ee”. It does not exist in sipdroid source code but some source codes in sipdroid are under this folder.
Ahmet Oguz Mermerkaya